Sunday 3 March 2013

Fashion Week


This week I thought I'd share not only some of my favourites designers from LFW ( WANT to go next time *hint*) but a fashion show a bit closer too home too. Do you remember my Francis Bacon inspired Carcass Dress? No, I didn't think so. Well I wore it for my school's annual fashion show; which went quite well considering my lack of co-ordination. Here of some behind the scenes snaps.





We are so Cara Delevinge

LFW- My thoughts


After spending hours going through multiple designers' shows from LFW, I've picked three which, to me, really stood out. I'm going to try and make this as brief as possible, homework is calling.


Henry Holland's House of Holland collection never fails to impress me and I certainly love his take on AW13. The youthful and, dare I use the word, urban edge of Holland's clothing I think is really effective; the mixture of rather restrained and classic garments with playful colours and patterns. The word 'psychedelic' springs to mind (I'm thinking Scooby Doo's Daphne: Austin Powers) when analysing the collection and I must myself admit that the bright colours seen in his nostalgic 70s/80s garments will not fail to brighten up what I predict to be a rather dull upcoming winter.


 If it were not for the show title on my photograph source I do not think I would have ever predicted this collection being Erdem, which I feel is a valid enough reason to blog about it. For AW13 Erdem's garments have moved away from the usual and very much expected pretty and ladylike style and moved towards a gothic, but may I say, extremely elegant look, with the occasional addition of acidic florals or feathers. So it appears it's all about the reliable and much loved black. Love, love, love.



Christopher Kane AW13, need I say more? Velvets, feathers, camouflage and 3D flowers, Kane certainly brought it to fashion week. Since becoming a massive fan of Christopher Kane (not that I've had the pleasure to wear anything of his) I've noticed that there is never anything in his collections which I wouldn't wear; occasionally, or frequently, when I fall in love with a designer's collection it is often very common for me to feel indifferent or not blown away by an item or so. The unpredictability of Christopher Kane's garments really attract me, I don't think anyone could envisage what's coming next.


May I also just take a moment to say how beautiful I thought Anne Hathaway looked at the Oscars? Top marks!




2 comments: