Tuesday 11 December 2012

Art GCSE Final Piece


Remember me? Sorry, I know it's been a while! I thought I'd share some photographs from my GCSE final piece; a carcass applique dress, inspired by artists including Francis Bacon and Zhang Xiaotao. The aim of my final piece was to challenge/change the hushed attitude towards death and embrace it as something natural and inevitable.
 I painted the dress on to silk like fabric and attached it to a t shirt dress, giving it an asymmetric hem; I burnt the silk to seal the fabric and added boning to the carcasses legs to make them more flexible and make it look more 3D. I also attached the silk, using elastic, to make it similar in appearance to a butcher's apron from behind.
Hope you like it!



                     


No comments:

Post a Comment